Need a quick, light, and easy fix? I have the recipe for you. This one’s my Chinese spicy roasted cauliflower recipe. All you need are 8 ingredients and the labor is quite minimal. Requiring only 45 minutes of your time, give this one a try. It pairs well with virtually any dish.
Last updated: December 5, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you as it helps support my page which is much appreciated!
My spicy roasted cauliflower is the perfect side dish or as an appetizer. It goes well with any meats or heavily protein-ed dishes such as a steak or seitan if you’re vegetarian. It can also be enjoyed as an appetizer. Don’t let the chopsticks fool you, these make great finger foods. Just roast them a little more in the oven to get them to crisp. Best of all is you won’t feel guilty eating any of it as it has less than XX calories.
Things You’ll Need
- Five (5) Spice Chinese Powder
- Cayenne Powder
- Garlic, minced
- Dried Chili Peppers
- Sesame Oil
- Sichuan Peppercorn
- Coconut Aminos
Looking for other dishes to pair with your Roasted Chinese Cauliflower? Check out my General Tso’s Chicken Recipe.
Spicy Chinese Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Oven Pan
- Frying Pan or Wok
- Basting Brush
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 tsp 5 Spice Chinese Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne powder
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced Garlic Powder ok too
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the olive oil, garlic powder, 5 Spice Chinese powder, and Cayenne Powder with the Cauliflower Florets. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle salt to taste.
- After about 15 minutes, the oven should be ready. Baste a oven pan with oil to prevent the cauliflowers from sticking to the pan.
- Move Cauliflower into oven. Roast for about 20-25 minutes depending on how you like your cauliflower. Longer for more crispiness. Make sure to stir at the halfway point.
- After 20-25 minutes remove the cauliflower from the oven.
Let's add some spice
- In a frying pan or wok, heat to medium. Wait about 2 minutes til pan is heated. Then add olive oil. Once olive oil is hot, toss in the peppercorns and dried chili peppers. Let it infuse with the oil. This will take about a couple of minutes or when dried chili peppers have become crispy.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower. Pour in the sesame oil and coconut aminos over the cauliflower. Increase heat to medium high and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes. Move cauliflower over to
- Top with chopped Scallions and enjoy!
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Lets see it! Tag @chowyoulater on Instagram or Twitter and hashtag it #chowyoulater