This one here’s a keto classic. The easiest keto pizza recipe ever. If you’re on keto chances are you’re going to be craving the foods you’ve missed so much. Fortunately, with keto, pizza works in our favor. We just have to figure out what to do with that darn crust. Here I show you two ways to make your pizza crust using either almond flour or shirataki noodles.
Last updated: March 17, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you as it helps support my page which is much appreciated!
Fast and Easy: Story behind the Recipe
For this specific recipe, my GF and I were running close to our groceries budget so we had to think quick. We had almond flour and psyllium husk
What Pizza Toppings are Low Carb Keto Pizza friendly?
The beauty about this is you can virtually make this pizza using any toppings you’d like. Well almost. The one I’d stay away from are pineapples. They’re high in sugar. As for the meats such as bacon, sausage, and hamburger they’re all high in fat. Some times I add onions and more tomatoes. You can even make a Supreme version like the ones from Pizza Hut. Just the other day, I had leftover artichoke in the fridge and just threw it on. So
Not sure what’s keto? Check out my Keto Shopping List Guide.
Shirataki Pizza Crust Recipe
What You’ll Need
Keto Shirataki Pizza Crust
- Frying Pan
For the Crust
For the Toppings
- 2 TBSP Pizza Sauce
- 4 slices Pepperoni
- 2 oz Mozarella Cheese
- 1 whole Mushroom
Preparing Shirataki Noodles
- Follow the package instructions. If not, I can show you how to cook shirataki noodles.Note: I found that one package may not be enough for noodle lovers. If you love noodles I suggest getting two packages or 4 servings of shirataki noodles for 2 people.
Making our Shirataki Pizza Crust
- In a large bowl, crack an egg. Pour in the garlic powder, salt, Parmesan cheese, and oregano over the egg. Whisk together.
- Place the cooked shirataki noodles to the bowl. Mix it well with the egg mixture.
- Warm a frying pan on Medium heat for a couple of minutes. Pour 1 tablespoon of oil. Then, transfer noodles to the frying pan. Spread and flatten the noodles. Depending on how hot the heat is, leave the shirataki crust on frying pan for about 7-10 minutes on medium heat or until bottom is golden brown.
- We're then going to cook the other side. Move noodles to another plate, add a tablespoon of oil to frying pan. Then cook the other side. Again for about 7-10 minutes or until crust becomes golden brown.
- Once 7-10 minutes is up. The crust is ready for the toppings.
- Turn the broiler on high. It should take a couple of minutes before it's ready.
- Coat the pizza sauce evenly on the crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms.
- Throw pizza into broiler and cook for 2-3 minutes or when the cheese has melted to your desire. Pizza is ready.
Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
Which Almond Flour do you recommend?
The crust will be made using almond flour. There are other variances like cauliflower crust but I like the almond flour a little better. If you never had it before, it’s like God’s gift to keto mankind. The one I recommend (Nature’s Eats Blanched Almond Flour) is my favorite because it has only 2 grams of net carbs to a serving size of 2 ounces! I found these at the Walmart Neighborhood store but you can find them easily on Amazon. I’ve seen other brands like Bob’s Red Mill which I usually love but their version of Blanched Flour had double the amount of net carbs. Since net carbs
Crispy Low Carb Crust
If you want the crust a little more crispy, I would switch your oven settings mode from bake to broil and let it cook for a little bit longer. It depends on your oven but around 2 more minutes or until edges of keto pizza crust is golden brown crisping up.
Want to see other easy, keto and low carb recipes? Check out my keto low carb recipe’s list!
Why Psyllium Husk?
“Psyllium is a form of fiber made from the husks of the Plantago ovata plant’s seeds. It sometimes goes by the name ispaghula. It’s most commonly known as a laxative. However, research shows that taking psyllium is beneficial to many parts of the human body, including the heart and the pancreas.”Via healthline
I don’t know about you all but since I’ve started my keto diet, I don’t go to the bathroom nearly as previous so the Psyllium Husk helps with that. That is the reason why you see psyllium husk used a lot in keto bread recipes. Not only does it give the keto crust some resemblance to the real thing it also helps with shaping the dough, as the ingredients mesh better together once it’s been mixed. Therefore psyllium husk is both functional and beneficial to health which means it’s a must!
I want to note, the one I bought here was solely purchased for the costs but based on the reviews and my own experience, it’s pretty good! I found mine at Trader Joe’s for $6.99 but I’ve seen them carried at Sprouts. And as I mentioned with many of the ingredients I use, you can also find it on Amazon.
What You’ll Need
Tools You’ll Need
I’m a minimalist so I try to limit the number of tools I have in the kitchen. I like my kitchen to be clutter-free. Nowadays there’s a tool for every situation imaginable. It does make life easier but as I mentioned, it takes up more space. With that said, this recipe will require parchment paper and a spatula. Definitely, use parchment paper and do not use Aluminum foil. The crust will stick to the foil and it will not be fun trying to remove it. A pizza slicer and a pinwheel are nice to have but not needed. You can use a chef’s knife to slice the pizza.
Easiest Keto Low Carb Pizza Recipe
For the Toppings
- 5 slices Pepperoni
- 1 whole Crimini Mushroom
- 1 cup Shredded Mozarella Cheese
Make the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large microwavabe bowl, pour in 1 cup of mozarella cheese. Microwave it for 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, scrap off any mozarella stuck to the bottom and sides of the bowl. Knead it into a round shaped blob.
- Crack an egg and mix the egg into the mozzarella.
- Don't worry about the clumps and do not throw the bowl back into the microwave. It will cook the egg. Once the egg has been mixed with the mozzarella, it should look like this.
- Add 1.5 TBSP of cream cheese, 3/4 cup of almond flour, 1 TBSP of psyllium husk, teaspoon of garlic powder, teaspoon of oregano. Pinches of Salt and Pepper.
- Mix throughly using the spatula. The dough should have a light brown color when it has been mixed.
- Shape it into a ball. You can now shape it into a ball using your hands. Place it on parchment paper.Note: The closer it is to a sphere the more circular its going to be when flattened.
- Flatten it to about half an inch of thickness using either a pinwheel or just using the spatula and hands are fine. Place the flattened dough into the oven. Let it bake for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes have passed, your crust is ready for the toppings.
- Once you remove the crust out of the oven, flip the crust. You want to cook the other side too. Then coat the pizza sauce evenly on the crust. Sprinkle mozarella cheese, pepperoni, and crimini mushrooms. Throw back into oven and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once 5 minutes is up, remove pizza and enjoy!
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Lets see it! Tag @chowyoulater on Instagram or Twitter and hashtag it #chowyoulater