If you love fried rice and want to stay in shape, then this Cauliflower Fried Rice Keto recipe is for you. You can have the best of both worlds with my recipe. This version uses boneless, skinless chicken thighs and boasts less than 8 grams of net carbs! Don’t worry, that beach bod is coming!
Last updated: December 5, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you as it helps support my page which is much appreciated!
Where to buy cauliflower rice?
For those of us who do not have a food processor, grater, or even a blender there’s always the option of purchasing cauliflower rice from the market. Luckily there are many ways to purchase. One can purchase it organic, frozen, fresh, wet, and dried. But the best way and what I’d recommend is buying it FRESH!
One cauliflower is equivalent to about 4 cups
With that said, expect to pay double the price at the market which factors in the labor involved. The one I purchased was $3.99 at 14 ounces when a cauliflower head would go for the same price. They can also be sold as organic. You can find the cauliflower rice at most grocery stores such as Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes, Safeway, etc.
How to make cauliflower rice?
The most cost and qualitatively effective way is making it oneself. I know, it does require a food processor but nowadays they’re so cheap. You can find one as low as $20 and they make many other useful keto pantry staples that it’s difficult not to buy one. You’ll see that the $20 is an easy investment that will pay itself quickly.
Anywho, the easiest way to make it is to cut the core and stem greens. Then cut the head into florets about the size of a an egg. Afterwards, bring the florets over to the processor and shred into rice sized pieces. That’s it!
I’m a Vegetarian/Vegan. What are my options?
No problem! Just remove the chicken, ghee, and egg. You can substitute them for Firm Tofu and Vegan Butter. All the other ingredients are vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Keto Recipe
What You’ll Need
- Cauliflower Rice
- 6 oz chicken thighs
- Frozen or Fresh Peas
- Coconut Aminos
- Sesame Oil
Looking for other dishes to pair with your Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice? Check out my Keto General Tso’s Chicken.
Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Frying Pan or Wok
- Food Processor (Optional)
- 6 oz Chicken Thigh, ½ inch cubed
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced or ½ ground ginger
- 1 clove Garlic, minced or ½ tsp of garlic powder
- White pepper Optional
- 1 stalk Scallion, chopped
- Heat wok or frying pan to medium heat for about 2 minutes. Pour 1 tablespoon of oil. Add in chicken. Cook on Medium High Heat for about 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Once chicken is cooked move them to another plate. Lower heat to low.
Time to Make Fried Rice
- In the same wok or frying pan, add the ghee. Pour in the garlic and ginger and let it infuse with the oils (about 30 seconds or until garlic becomes crispy).
- Increase heat to medium. Add in the Cauliflower Rice, celery, and peas. Make sure to stir back and forth for about 1 minute. If too dry, add a ¼ cup of water or chicken broth to keep it moist.
- Turn heat to Medium-High. Bring back the chicken and stir fry for another minute.
- Move cauliflower, peas, and celery to the side. Add oil if pot is too dry. Crack an egg. Wait about 30 seconds for the bottom of the egg to cook. Then puncture yolk and begin to stir the yolk with the egg whites until it solidifies.
- Pour over the coconut aminos, sesame oil, salt to taste. Increase heat to high and stir fry for about minute until the seasonings have been mixed into the vegetables, rice, and egg.
- Move contents over to a plate. Top rice with scallions, and any other toppings you like. I like white pepper. For a spicy kick, add pepper flakes.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Lets see it! Tag @chowyoulater on Instagram or Twitter and hashtag it #chowyoulater